General Information and Policies Regarding the VON Consulting Recruitment Processes
The aim of this document is to present the general policies, procedures as well as all the specific information regarding the VON Consulting recruitment processes.
We kindly ask you to carefully read all the information presented in this document. It provides a very specific overview of the purpose, risks and benefits of the recruitment processes ran by VON Consulting.
General Information Regarding Personal Data Processing
Identity of the Operator: VON Consulting, Administrator: Untaru Vivien
General Types of Data Processed by VON Consulting:
VON Consulting stores and uses personal information provided by people active on the labour market. It uses this information to build a candidate database, which is needed to find and contact the right person for the company but also for various clients’ jobs, mainly in the IT industry.
Thus, the company stores and processes personal information, such as: name, surname, email address, birth date, profession, field of activity and professional history. This data may then be registered in the VON Consulting database from professional websites (such as LinkedIn or EJobs), in which case is treated as publicly shared personal data (law 677/2001). Data may also be obtained through recommendations from past candidates, offered freely by its owner, through CV submission or through direct application on the VON Consulting website.
Upon submitting one’s CV on the vonconsulting.ro website, a candidate will be asked to enter his/her name and surname, email address and phone number. In some cases, the VON Consulting website may collect and store demographic information (which cannot, however be traced back to the user), such as: geographic location from which the submission has been transmitted or periodic number of visitors. The purpose of collecting such information is improvement of the company’s services.
Any information that is collected and stored in the VON Consulting database, including the data directly sent to VON Consulting recruiters is strictly kept and used for recruitment purposes, the only exceptions being the situations when candidates consent to occasionally participating in our market surveys.
VON Consulting stores and processes personal data with the purpose of finding, contacting and recommending professional opportunities to candidates active on the labour market. The personal data we collect may be introduced in the VON Consulting database in one of the following ways:
- Direct submission of the personal data in our database, by the VON Consulting recruiters, from one of the professional recruitment websites (such as LinkedIn or EJobs)
- The personal information is introduced following the candidate’s application through the VON Consulting website in which case the candidate’s consent has been granted through clicking on the consent box on the application form
- Receiving and introducing the personal information, following a recommendation received by another VON Consulting candidate or a third party
VON Consulting uses the personal information strictly according to the personal data protection and confidentiality laws and regulations in effect.
Disclosing and sharing personal information
VON Consulting shall never disclose (through selling or renting) any personal information to third parties. VON Consulting may disclose such information only in the following situations:
- if the candidate consents
- if the information is necessary for a recruitment and selection process (in which case the personal information will be shared solely with the client who runs that particular recruitment process)
- personal information may be sent to authorities or to public institutions according to the legal stipulations, or in good faith if:
- (a) It is legally stipulated
- (b) It protects the rights and interests of VON Consulting or its affiliate companies
- (c) It prevents a criminal offence or it protects national security
- (d) It protects the individual safety or for public safety
- if the candidate’s actions are contrary to the terms and conditions set by VON Consulting or to the instructions set for making use of certain services.
- if VON Consulting is going through a merge or will be bought, totally or partially by another company, its database will be transferred to the new operator. If VON Consulting becomes insolvent, voluntarily or involuntarily, through a liquidator, administrator or buyer, the database may be sold, or authorized to be transactioned only by a court of law. If an abovementioned scenario is likely to happen, every candidate will be notified through an email and a public announcement on the VON Consulting website.
VON Consulting explicitly guarantees any candidate the following rights:
- (a) The right to access, correct and, if necessary, delete upon request, the personal information of that specific person from the VON Consulting database.
- (b) The right to the portability of data – one may obtain, upon request, a copy of all the personal information VON Consulting stores about the inquirer in its database, in a readily available and easy to read format.
- (c) The right to be forgotten – upon your request, we will delete or deactivate all your personal data from our data base. This implies that we will not be able to contact this candidate further, neither with job opportunities or with survey invitations. One also has the option of being deleted from a single category (either recruitment or market surveys)
You may benefit from all the above-mentioned rights through a written request to the following email address: email@example.com. If these requests become, however, excessive, VON Consulting reserves the right to deny your request or to request a reasonable fee.
Data Storing and Security
VON Consulting constantly updates its security policies and processes in order to ensure that any and every personal information stored on its database is permanently safe. It also strives to ensure that the content of the data stored is as accurate and qualitative as possible. The access to the database is restricted solely to the VON Consulting recruiters. Furthermore, VON Consulting will never disclose or share personal information to any third parties, except the cases when the information is necessary for the recruitment processes, with the consent of all the candidates involved.
During the recruitment processes, VON Consulting requests or may request references from one or more previous employers. Moreover, VON Consulting may research and specifically look out for any unfavorable information pertaining the candidate publicly available.
For the purpose of obtaining references, VON Consulting will contact (through email or phone) a former superior or even a former colleague and request information about the candidate, upon candidate’s approval. The inquiries may be regarding the person’s previous activities, timespan of the employment, and the reason for ceasing that specific collaboration.
The data gathered through references is confidential, and any access to it is provided only to the recruiter who interviewed the candidate. The information may also be forwarded to other parties involved in the recruitment process, from the client company.
The references will be kept only for as long as necessary for the recruitment process for which they have been collected, and for no more than 90 days.
VON Consulting occasionally conducts, in partnership with its clients, market surveys, centered especially on obtaining an overview on the salary levels on the IT market. Thus, the eligible candidates from our database will be contacted and invited to fill in our questionnaire.
The data we collect is and always will be anonymous and does not offer any clues to personally identifying any respondent, or his/her professional history. The data collected is confidential, access being restricted solely to the VON Consulting recruiters in charge of running the study. The results obtained (data which was previously statistically processed) will be presented to the client company, although not in a report which could allow the personal identification of any respondent.
Candidates contacted to participate in our study benefit, upon request, from the right to be removed from our “survey database”. This can be done in two ways:
- The permanent removal of a candidate from the VON Consulting database (in which case another recruiter could unintentionally and unwittingly re-add that person’s contact data back in the VON Consulting database from public websites, such as LinkedIn or EJobs)
- Deactivation of the candidate’s contact information – the candidate’s profile will still remain in the database, but with a specific notice that no one is permitted to contact that person, either for research purposes, or at all
Upon request, survey respondents may receive, via email, at the end of the study, part of the processed results, on a segment which is/could be of interest to them.
Should you have any questions regarding this document, your rights or any recruitment procedures run by VON Consulting, you may contact the person responsible with personal information, namely Untaru, Vivien (0213178545; firstname.lastname@example.org)